Former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Dan Connor has signed with the New York Giants as a free agent.
The Cowboys are wielding a credit card more than they are wielding a pair of scissors as they make salary adjustments to slice more than $20 million from the cap in order to slide under the NFL’s expected 2012 salary cap of $123 million.
Ernie Sims and Brady Poppinga joined the Cowboys from the NFL scrap heap. They could now end up playing important parts in trying to salvage a season.
Dallas has lost four of its past five games and sits at 3-5 heading into Philadelphia on Sunday. The Eagles have the same record, so logic suggests the loser won’t have realistic playoff hopes the rest of the season.
Good day for Cowboys’ special teams for a change. Dan Bailey nails 4 field goals and kick coverage is led by sound, athletic tackles by Lance Dunbar and Eric Frampton. Small steps.
Latest DFW News
- Bradley Keeps Lead After 3 Rounds At Nelson
- Notorious Texas Millionaire Laid To Rest
- Man Arrested In Connection To West Dallas Killing
- Road Rage Leads To Murder Charge
- Best Budget Fitness Classes In DFW
- Cabrera Double Lifts Tigers Over Rangers 2-1
- Tornado Victims To Return Home In Granbury
- Mother Prepares To Bury 10-Year-Old Son Hit By School Bus