Former Texas coach Darrell Royal was remembered Tuesday as a humble champion who built a powerhouse football program and a Longhorn brand known around the world.
Texas will honor former football coach Darrell Royal with a public memorial on campus that is expected to draw several thousand people.
Darrell Royal’s bowl championship rings brought big-money bids as the ex-Texas Longhorns football coach’s memorabilia went up for auction.
A public memorial service will be held Tuesday in Austin for former Texas football coach Darrell Royal. Royal, who won two national championships, died early Wednesday in Austin.
The University of Texas confirmed Wednesday that former football coach Darrell Royal, who won two national championships and a share of a third, has died. He was 88.
Royal, who suffers from the disease, also appeared at the hearing along with seven-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong and actor Matthew McConaughey.
On this special extended Labor day edition of Greggo’s Junk…. Greggo gets stumped about a Coca Cola item? And what is Darrell K. Royal’s Bowling ball worth… in Texas?
Latest DFW News
- Cabrera Double Lifts Tigers Over Rangers 2-1
- Tornado Victims To Return Home In Grandbury
- Mother Prepares To Bury 10-Year-Old Son Hit By School Bus
- PD: Fairview Man Murdered Son & Grandson
- Suspect Sought In Fatal West Dallas Shooting
- Why Wear Costumes To Comic Conventions?
- Agency Studying West Fertilizer Plant Fire & Explosions To Prevent Similar Occurance
- Cleanup Continues In Cleburne From Mile Wide Tornado