The number of deaths from last year’s record breaking West Nile season continues to grow.
Teenagers are constantly bombarded with sexually explicit messages, and Dallas County Health Director Zachary Thompson says they drown out the message of abstinence.
Two other drugs may now also be linked to the deadly meningitis outbreak. It has prompted a voluntary drug recall that could rival the Tylenol recall from the early 1980s.
More than 14,000 people living in Dallas County are living with HIV, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services, and many of them don’t know it.
While the calendar inches closer to the end of mosquito season health officials in Dallas County are already working on their West Nile virus plan of attack for next year.
There are now more than a dozen Dallas County residents who have died from West Nile Virus related health issues. Wednesday officials with Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) confirmed that a 13th person in the area has died.
Dallas County Health & Human Services started offering the seasonal flu vaccine on Monday, earlier this year following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
There are some differences for children needing vaccinations this year. Dallas County Health and Human Services officials say those changes, in addition to usual needs, are even more reason to take advantage of a free clinic Saturday.
The second North Texas death related to the West Nile Virus has been reported in Dallas County. Health officials say the latest victim lived in Highland Park.
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Good news for residents in Dallas County. On Thursday, Dallas County Health and Human Services announced that they received another shipment of the meningitis vaccine. Last week DCHHS had run out of […]
Health workers in Dallas County recommend residents use the freezing weather as a reminder to get their flu shots and they’re offering incentives to do it. To coincide with National Influenza Vaccination Week, Dallas County Health and Human Services is offering free flu shots through the flu season.
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May...
- Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -...
Latest DFW News
- I-Team: Storm Shelters Rare In North Texas Schools
- Criticized Curriculum System CSCOPE Will Scrap Lesson Plans
- Fort Worth City Council Briefed On Animal Shelter After CBS 11 I-Team Investigation
- Moore, Okla. Family Finds Grandfather Buried Alive In Rubble
- Texas Lawmakers Pushing For Review Of UIL
- Rangers Skip Tepesch, Call Up Cotts
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Oklahoma Twister Leaves Stories Of Heartbreak & Hope