Buyout specialist Blackstone Group has abruptly ended its courtship of Dell Inc. less than a month after saying it intended to trump a deal with the slumping computer maker’s CEO, according to a report published late Thursday.
The ailing personal computer market is getting weaker, and it’s starting to look as if it will never fully recover as a new generation of mobile devices reshapes the way people use technology.
Dell plans to negotiate with Blackstone Group and Carl Icahn over acquisition bids for the computer maker that rival a bid of over $24 billion from investors led by Michael Dell.
Is Michael Dell’s attempt to gain more control over his company about to turn into a financial tug-of-war? The answer could come Friday, as other offers may top his $24.4 billion deal.
Dell’s largest independent shareholder is turning up the pressure against the proposed $24.4 billion sale of the struggling personal computer maker to a group of investors that includes its CEO.
A shareholder rebellion against Dell’s proposed sale is gaining support, fueling a belief that the personal computer maker will have to wrangle a higher price to get the deal done.
Dell is trying to reassure shareholders about its proposed acquisition by a group led by its founder, saying it considered a number of strategic options before agreeing to the deal.
Slumping personal computer maker Dell announced Tuesday that it is selling itself for $24.4 billion to its founder and a group of investors that includes Microsoft.
Dell’s performance deteriorated along with the rest of the personal computer industry in the third quarter as the company scrambled to expand into other technology fields.
Dell is buying Quest Software for about $2.36 billion, ending recent speculation about who the unnamed bidder was in a battle for the company with investment firm Insight Venture Partners.
Local authorities work to ensure safety for boaters at Lewisville Lake
Texas-based Dell Inc. said Monday it has a deal to buy the data storage company Compellent Technologies Inc. for $884 million.
- Athletics vs Rangers – June... Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June...
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 12,... Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June...
Latest DFW News
- The Adventures Of Nigel & Whippie: With Montez Bishara
- Will Animals Take Over?
- Idea For A New Rangers Movie
- Ben & Skin: Other Parts Of The Paper
- Killed Youth Pastor Remembered At Memorial
- Children Maced, Dog Killed At Fort Worth Apartment Complex
- Feds Bust Prostitution Ring Called “Operation Flaming Dragon”
- Supreme Justice Alito Throws 1st Pitch At Ballpark