Department Of Justice
It was Mark Hasse’s job to take down criminals, and he went after some of the worst. Now investigators say they are reviewing the cases he prosecuted, for possible clues into his murder.
Edward Gayowski, 58, of Colleyville has been sentenced to 15 months in federal prison following his guilty plea to one count of wire fraud against his former employer.
It has been argued that “granny” might not be able to vote if they make her have a voter ID. But seriously, why all the concern about taking the extra measure of a voter ID to make sure that every vote cast in a United States election is a legally qualified vote, including “granny’s”?
Yesterday the Obama administration put in place provisions of the DREAM Act that brought many young people out of the shadows to participate in the American Dream. On the same day a judge in Pennsylvania let stand what may be the most egregious attempt at voter suppression in a generation.
Karl Rove has come up with a business, his Super PAC, that offers wealthy businesses with legal problems potential for relief.
There are many Americans who do not have a government issued ID. In our country there is no requirement to carry ID. If you do not have a government ID, that does not make you a criminal. That does not make you unworthy of voting.
Pennsylvania Republicans have betrayed their country and devised a scheme to potentially disqualify nearly one tenth of the states’ electorate.
Felony disenfranchisement is nothing more than Republican continuation of Jim Crow voter suppression laws.
In right wing politics, ALEC serves as the nexus between corporations and aspiring Republicans always eager to find access to additional campaign cash.
Republicans by creating onerous barriers to voting, including strict ID requirements and shortening of early vote periods have created what amounts to a new version of Jim Crow era poll taxes.
In Texas Republicans have taken efforts to restrict access to voting a step farther. Texas Republicans are calling for the repeal of the Voting Rights Act.
Elected officials would do well to remember that it is the job of the voters to pick their representatives, it is not the job of elected officials to pick who gets to vote.
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May...
- Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -...
Latest DFW News
- Rangers Skip Tepesch, Call Up Cotts
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Oklahoma Twister Leaves Stories Of Heartbreak & Hope
- Amber Alert Issued For 9-Month-Old Girl
- Cowboys WR Dez Bryant: ‘I Found Myself’
- Knicks Unsure About Stoudemire’s Role
- Texas Baptist Men To Offer Cooked Meals, Comfort To Okla. Storm Victims
- Randolph, Grizzlies On The Rebound Again