When 16-year-old Alicia Moore’s body was found stuffed in a wicker trunk six months ago and dumped in Van Zandt County, detectives asked some family members to provide DNA samples for testing.
After a six-month investigation, there has been an arrest in the death of Greenville teenager Alicia Moore. Sources said that DNA test results led authorities to Grand Prairie and the home of one of the girl’s uncles.
Dallas Police arrested a suspect on Tuesday who confessed to a string of sexual assaults in the Lake Highlands area of Dallas. Now, they have DNA confirmation that they have the right man.
Dallas Police say one man is behind all three sexual assaults in the Lake Highlands area.
Authorities say DNA evidence has tied a 48-year-old man to the 1983 cold case killing of a businessman in North Texas.
The search for a serial rapist may be over. According to investigators, a person who was taken into custody on Friday could very well be the man who they have been hunting for years.
After several threatening notes and a dozens of bullets were found inside Highland Park High School, the person or group behind the threats remains a mystery.
A man convicted three decades ago of stabbing a woman more than 40 times could soon be freed thanks to DNA testing.
In a promising step against a genetic disease that causes deafness and gradual loss of vision, scientists have partly restored hearing with a single injection to young mice.
If you have bought a lap top in the last few months it probably has a hard drive that can hold about a terabyte of information. The cost and capacity of hard drives have improved along a curve that follows Moore’s Law for the last several decades. The hard drives are holding more and costing less.
Doggie ‘doo’ is apparently enough of a problem in some North Texas apartment complexes that DNA is needed. The Northside at Legacy apartment complex is going to “Poo-prints” to keep their residents’ dogs’ DNA on file.
Experts say technology and an expanding DNA database have helped solve more crimes in Texas. Registered sex offenders, convicted felons and youths in the Texas juvenile justice system must provide samples.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- DISD Board Supports Plan To Replace Some Principals
- Jose Canseco Denies Sexual Assault Allegation
- FBI Seeks Sealed Court Documents In Investigation Into Dallas County DA
- DISD School Board To Vote On Superintendent’s Principal Plan
- Prosecutors Want Bond Revoked For Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent
- Texas’ Cities Among Fastest-Growing In US
- Forest Park Pool Needs Public’s Help
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay Members