Texas employers could not compel workers to reveal personal text messages or hand over email passwords under a bill given preliminary approval Thursday in a divided House vote.
The number of people seeking unemployment benefits fell last week by 8,000 to a seasonally adjusted 355,000, a possible sign of a healing job market.
The Texas unemployment rate has fallen for a sixth consecutive month to 7.1 percent in February as the state had a third straight month of job growth exceeding 20,000 positions.
Fewer people sought unemployment benefits last week, adding to signs that the job market is strengthening.
Private employers added new workers at a weak pace for the third straight month,
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
- Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May...
- Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars... G-Bag Nation Live From...
Latest DFW News
- 8 Questions For Cowboys At OTAs
- Praise for Firefighter Stan Wilson Both On, Off-Duty
- Rangers Turn Lowe Loose To Make Room For Lindblom
- Tortorella Says There’s ‘No Give’ In Rangers As Series Shifts To N.Y.
- Kings Return Home To Practice Between Road Playoff Games
- At Least 51 Killed In Oklahoma Tornado
- Toews Named A Finalist For Messier NHL Leadership Award
- Young Red Wings Have Evened Series With Blackhawks