Yesterday the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) announced that electricity demand had set a new July record. Today the electric grid operator for most of the state is recommending conservation.
On Monday, CBS 11 News found a number of parents who found creative ways to reduce their electricity consumption. Most simply took advantage of someone else’s electricity .
As it stands, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) is performing under normal conditions and no emergency electricity alerts have been issued, but persistent hot weather could change that.
If you are a “night owl” and a TXU customer a new service plan could save you hundreds of dollars a year on your bill. TXU now has a set of plans that offers customers free nighttime energy usage.
The Rangers and Cowboys say they’re doing their part to conserve energy. At the Ballpark, one of four chilling towers used to cool offices, restaurants and other enclosed areas has been shut down since Wednesday.
- Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May...
Latest DFW News
- Funeral For Firefighter Killed In Dallas Blaze
- Arlington Man Faces Sentencing For Meth Ring
- Fort Worth Opens Pools Closed By Budget Cuts
- The View From The New Texas SkyScreamer
- Review: “Epic” Is Summer’s Best Family Film
- TRR: Total Request Roger!
- Viral Video: Google Glass 2.0
- Solar-Powered Plane Lands In DFW