There were headaches and upset stomachs at one Dallas elementary school more than 24 hours ago, but this wasn’t about some virus or bug making its way across campus. The problem was carbon monoxide.
A part of a Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport terminal was evacuated briefly after someone found what officials say was a “suspicious bag.”
The Mexico City arena where the San Antonio Spurs and Minnesota Timberwolves are playing an NBA game Wednesday night was evacuated 45 minutes before tipoff because of smoke inside the arena.
Milford Residents will be allowed to briefly return to their homes on Friday, as crews continue to secure the area surrounding the site where a natural gas pipeline caught fire and exploded Thursday morning.
Keyshia Smith heard the explosion and watched flames rise just beyond her porch. She says, a sheriff’s deputy arrived. “Banging on the door saying, ‘…The pipeline is under your house. You need to go before your house explodes.’”
Deputies are keeping residents out of the town of Milford. Roadblocks are up at every entrance — on the other side environmental agencies are busy testing air quality. Workers told CBS 11 News crew’s initial tests show the air is not toxic.
About 20 North Texas volunteers are headed to Colorado to help the thousands that have been displaced by the deadly flooding.
Experts say a wildfire in a North Texas lake-area community devastated by 2011 blazes has been mostly contained with no damage to structures.
The entire campus of R.L. Turner High School in Carrollton was evacuated for more than an hour Monday morning.
It was a rude awakening for some guests at Grapevine’s Great Wolf Lodge this morning.