There were headaches and upset stomachs at one Dallas elementary school more than 24 hours ago, but this wasn’t about some virus or bug making its way across campus. The problem was carbon monoxide.
The students and staff at Lakewood Elementary school in Dallas have been evacuated after elevated levels of Carbon Monoxide were detected in the building Tuesday morning.
A leaking propane torch in a just-vacated hotel room forced the evacuation of the Crowne Plaza Addison hotel Monday. Investigators say they also found evidence of drug use in the room.
Students are being evacuated from Gideon Elementary School, in the Mansfield Independent School District.
About 2,800 people were evacuated from the Thanksgiving Tower building in downtown Dallas Thursday morning after a fire broke out in the underground parking garage.
Students and staff at Dowell Middle School in McKinney have been evacuated due to a gas leak.
Less than 48 hours after a fertilizer plant fire, that stirred memories of last year’s deadly disaster in West, the small Texas town of Athens went on with its signature event – Athens Old Fiddlers Reunion.
A Houston-area school district says a student is in custody after a bomb squad was dispatched to a high school for a ‘potential explosive device’ in a campus building.
Milford Residents will be allowed to briefly return to their homes on Friday, as crews continue to secure the area surrounding the site where a natural gas pipeline caught fire and exploded Thursday morning.
Some 700 Milford residents are away from home tonight. The entire town was evacuated after workers punctured a Chevron gas pipeline — causing a huge explosion. Chevron set up a claims hotline for people forced to evacuate.
Keyshia Smith heard the explosion and watched flames rise just beyond her porch. She says, a sheriff’s deputy arrived. “Banging on the door saying, ‘…The pipeline is under your house. You need to go before your house explodes.’”
Deputies are keeping residents out of the town of Milford. Roadblocks are up at every entrance — on the other side environmental agencies are busy testing air quality. Workers told CBS 11 News crew’s initial tests show the air is not toxic.