Citizens of Mansfield stood along the road leading to Walnut Ridge Baptist Church holding flags. Some placed their hands over their hearts or bowed their heads. They all stood in silence as the white hearse passed, led by two rows of motorcycle police and followed by a long line of firetrucks and ambulances.
14-year-old Zulia Catalan sobs into her father’s chest. “I miss my house,” she says. It was just over a week ago that a fire broke out at the Stratford Hill apartments in Dallas, destroying the Catalan’s home and two others.
A little more than two years after a freak accident led to the discovery and diagnosis of Lou Gehrig’s disease, a North Texas firefighter and paramedic has died. On January 16, 2013, Mansfield first responder Jarrod Brodnax lost his battle with ALS.
His whole life, Devon Colbert, dreamed of being a firefighter. For seven years, he tried to get hired. Finally, last year, his dream came true.
Neighbors and friends are doing everything they can to help a Plano family recover from a deadly Christmas Eve fire. Jeff Neary and his family lost everything when their Christmas tree caught on fire on Christmas Eve.
Mike Bell, a 19-year veteran of the Denton Fire Department, died Sunday evening after battling a rare form of brain cancer.
A heart-breaking scene in Plano Monday night. Firefighters say an 87-year-old man died in a Christmas Eve house fire.
It started with a fire at one Arlington home, but lead to another house going up in flames and an evacuation. Though firefighters weren’t called until just before 10 a.m., investigators now believe a fire in a homeowner’s fireplace last night may have sparked the initial blaze.
It may be Thanksgiving, but not everyone gets the day off. At Arlington Fire Station No. 12, there is much to be thankful for.
A Texas boy abandoned at a fire station as an infant got a special wish for his 10th birthday: meeting the firefighter who saved him.
Former Dallas firefighter Jesus Ventura, 37, faces up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to a federal bank robbery charge.
An air conditioning repairman remained hospitalized Friday afternoon after getting burned while working on the roof of a Fort Worth food market.