The CEO of Southwest Airlines received $4 million in compensation for 2012, up 15 percent from the prior year, largely because of bigger stock awards.
Southwest Airlines expects to pay $100 million to refurbish 88 planes that it will lease to Delta Air Lines. That’s twice as much the airline expected to spend if it had kept the planes.
Southwest Airlines is pushing back delivery of 30 Boeing jets, from 2013 and 2014 to 2017 and 2018, to save money and get a better return on its investment.
Southwest Airlines said Thursday that it will use a travel-reservations system from Amadeus IT Group to operate international flights in 2014.
Southwest Airlines Co. says it’s raising ticket prices to offset the high cost of jet fuel. And several other big airlines are following Southwest’s lead.
Southwest Airlines boosted its profit with higher fares and more traffic, but fuel costs soared a stunning 64 percent higher than a year ago.
The CEO of Southwest Airlines expects his airline to catch a break from the recent drop in oil prices.
By the thinnest of margins, Southwest Airlines Co. made money in the first quarter despite higher fuel prices.
Southwest Airlines Co. more than doubled the compensation for its CEO last year, to nearly $3.4 million, thanks mainly to a stock award worth $1.8 million.
The CEOs of Southwest Airlines and American Airlines are giving a vote of confidence to Boeing.
Southwest Airlines is revamping its loyalty program with changes designed to nudge customers into higher-priced tickets.
Southwest Airlines is poised to make a big acquisition, plans to add new planes and may soon fly outside the U.S.
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
- Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show
Latest DFW News
- Texas House Remembers Sherman Hemsley
- On Brink Of Elimination, John Tortorella Has ‘Full Faith’ In The Rangers
- Rangers GM Jon Daniels Discusses The Future Of Profar
- ATF Investigating Blaze That Trapped & Killed Dallas Firefighter
- Driver Hits Wills Point School Bus & Dies
- Pet Of The Week: Raven
- Woman Killed While Crossing Arlington Street
- Grand Prairie Man Suspected In Double Murder Arrested In New Mexico