True to their motto, the Boys Scouts tried to be prepared. For months, they braced for the backlash sure to follow the court-ordered release of voluminous confidential files detailing decades of alleged sex abuse by Scout leaders.
For the first time ever the University of Texas at Arlington is celebrating Gay Pride Week. The campus LGBTQA Program is hosting events through Friday, many of which are free and open to the public.
Believe it or not, the Dallas Cowboys football team does not own the web domain cowboys.com. But it hasn’t really been an issue, until now.
When it comes to gays and the Boy Scouts, President Barack Obama and the youth organization he serves as honorary president have agreed to disagree.
Rev. William Owens takes great issue with Obama’s linkage of Dr. King’s civil rights movement of the past to the current gay rights movement regarding same-sex marriage. Owens says that King embraced traditional religion, and he strongly suggests that King would not want his civil rights’ mission altered to include same-sex marriage.
The fight over the policy to ban participation in scouting, based on sexual orientation, took a symbolic turn in Irving Wednesday morning, inside the Irving national headquarters for the Boy Scouts of America.
After a confidential two-year review, the Boy Scouts of America on Tuesday emphatically reaffirmed its policy of excluding gays, angering critics who hoped that relentless protest campaigns might lead to change.
Arlington police have arrested one suspect and identified four others involved in a hate crime involving graffiti spray painting that included anti-gay slurs, racial slurs, hateful messages and vulgar images.
The Irving-based Boy Scouts of America have agreed to review a proposal that would allow individual units to accept gays as adult leaders.
Can you judge someone’s sexual orientation just by looking at their face? According to a new scientific study, both men and women may have this inherent “gaydar” ability.
A new study suggests that people who repress their own sexual attraction to the same sex are more likely to express hostility towards gays.
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is spending the day at a conference on the University of Texas at Arlington campus aimed at promoting safe schools and communities for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals.
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May...
- Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -...
Latest DFW News
- Summer Wedding Planning
- Severe Weather Moving Across North Texas
- AP Source: Jordan Changing Team Name To Hornets
- Oklahoma City Thunder, Kevin Durant Pledge $1 Million For Tornado Relief
- Bruins Expecting Desperate Rangers In Game 3
- Big 12 Delays Baseball Tournament After Tornado
- Super Bowl 50 Goes To San Francisco, 51 To Houston
- Kings Preparing For Game 4 Showdown With Sharks