The Stars have activated Kari Lehtonen from the injured list, and the goalie says he expects to play Thursday against Edmonton
The Dallas Stars have promoted goalie Cristopher Nilstorp from the American Hockey League a night after starter Kari Lehtonen left a game with an injury.
The Stars finally got their power play going. Twice in one period, in fact. After managing just one goal in 16 opportunities over the previous five games, the Stars rallied to a 3-1 victory over the Anaheim Ducks on Friday night.
There is a push for goaltenders to be granted a special status similar to quarterbacks in football, which restricts the situations and nature in which they can be hit.
Former All-Star goalie Ed Belfour has been elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility, joining Doug Gilmour, Mark Howe and Joe Nieuwendyk as the newest class of inductees.
Latest DFW News
- DPD Patrol Car Hit; Officer Hurt
- Families Picked Up By EF-4, Now Picking Up The Pieces
- Bae Wins Byron Nelson For First PGA Tour Title
- New Lunch Options For Lemurs At Dallas Zoo
- Cuban Hobnobs With Chris Paul (And Tiger Woods) In Vegas
- Police: Family Violence Claims Two More Victims
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Rangers Place Ian Kinsler On 15-Day Disabled List