Jeb Bush says that when it comes to overhauling public education: “You’ve got to go big or go home.”
The tug-of-war between Texas Gov. Rick Perry and state universities is still going strong heading into the 2013 legislative session with new skirmishes over money looming.
A top business group called Wednesday for easing Texas’ tough new high school graduation standards amid widespread outcry over the set of standardized tests known as STAAR.
A study of 70 schools selected for college football bowl games this season shows they maintained high academic progress, but the gap between African-American and white players persists.
Texas and five other states have tied for America’s third-best high school graduation rate under a new system that makes nationwide data easier to compare.
An old political campaign claim about the low high school graduation rate of the Fort Worth school district has recently reappeared on signs around the TCU campus.
The latest figures from the NCAA show that football and men’s basketball players are graduating in record numbers.
The University of Texas System has approved a new plan that lets presidents and other top leaders at its 15 campuses earn pay bonuses if graduation rates improve or donations increase.
Texas’ on-time high school graduation rate has reached an all-time high, increasing 1.6 percent to 85.9 percent for the Class of 2011.
Fort Worth mayoral candidate Cathy Hirt is drawing fire for claiming only about half of high school students in the city actually graduate.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
- Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show
- Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
Latest DFW News
- The Other Team’s Playbook: 5.21.13
- Reacting To Romo’s Cyst Surgery
- OK Tornado Survivor Finds Dog Buried Alive In Rubble
- An Afterthought On The Network Upfronts
- Golf Adopts Rule To Ban Anchored Putting Stroke
- Sex Offender List Closer To Pulling Job Details
- Texas Radioactive Waste Bill Killed For Error
- Failing Schools Could Get Special Districts