An aging population and an economy that has been slow to rebound are straining the long-term finances of Social Security and Medicare, the government’s two largest benefit programs.
More than a million Texas children remain without health insurance, and those kids are not getting the care they need.
A Frisco teacher’s aide was at work last week when she was struck by lightning, but the most shocking thing happened when the woman tried to pay her medical bills.
According to U.S. Census Bureau figures, twenty-five percent of Texans are uninsured — and the vast majority are U.S. citizens of working age.
The Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children plans to break a 90-year tradition in order the remain financially viable. It will soon begin billing patients to help pay for expenses.
The federal government has rejected a request by the state to be excluded from a new law that would limit how much health insurance companies can spend on overhead.
President Barack Obama is swiping at Texas Governor Rick Perry, criticizing him as “a governor whose state is on fire, denying climate change.”
Two Dallas County judges engaged in a terse exchange during Tuesday’s meeting while discussing a well-intentioned health insurance plan for the underemployed that never caught on.
Health insurance plans must cover birth control as preventive care for women, with no co-pays, the Obama administration said Monday in a decision with far-reaching implications for health care as well as social mores.
A budding model for primary care that encourages the family doctor to act as a health coach who focuses as much on preventing illness as on treating it has shown promising results and saved insurers millions of dollars.
Signing up for Medicaid could improve your overall health and financial security. The findings run counter to a widespread perception that having a Medicaid card is no better than being uninsured, and maybe even worse.
Texas’ superlatives are nothing to brag about, according to the fifth edition of “Texas on the Brink,” an annual review that ranks the state on dozens of factors ranging from health insurance to voter turnout.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- DISD Board Supports Plan To Replace Principals, Teachers
- Jose Canseco Denies Sexual Assault Allegation
- FBI Seeks Sealed Court Documents In Investigation Into Dallas County DA
- DISD School Board To Vote On Superintendent’s Principal Plan
- Prosecutors Want Bond Revoked For Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent
- Texas’ Cities Among Fastest-Growing In US
- Forest Park Pool Needs Public’s Help
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay Members