With summer temperatures across North Texas often climbing into the triple digits, meteorologist Jeff Jamison decided to try cooking breakfast in a very hot vehicle.
A North Texas family has filed a federal lawsuit against the state, after a man died in a prison that didn’t have air conditioning. Larry Gene McCollum suffered heat stroke last summer, while serving time at the Hutchins State Jail in Dallas.
On Monday, CBS 11 News found a number of parents who found creative ways to reduce their electricity consumption. Most simply took advantage of someone else’s electricity .
To help those who need relief during the extreme heat the Salvation Army has set up more than a dozen cooling stations across North Texas.
As it stands, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) is performing under normal conditions and no emergency electricity alerts have been issued, but persistent hot weather could change that.
The difference between a 99° or 100° day can be measured in records, tolerance or sweat. But the question has come up: How do meteorologists decide when it’s this close to go with 99° or 100°? Jeff Jamison explains.
After recalculating data from last year, the nation’s climatologists are declaring that Oklahoma suffered through the hottest summer ever recorded in the U.S. last year — not Texas as initially announced last fall.
LeBron James had 29 points, eight rebounds and seven assists, and the Miami Heat beat the New York Knicks 106-94 on Wednesday night to win the Eastern Conference first-round series in five games.
Anthony vowed after the team’s latest first-round ouster that things will change. And soon.
Baron Davis left Game 4 of the Knicks’ opening round match-up with the Heat with an apparently serious knee injury.
The Knicks defeat the Heat 89-87 to force Game 5 and snapped their 13-game playoff losing streak.
LeBron James scored 32 points, including eight straight to start the fourth quarter and break open the game, and the Miami Heat took a 3-0 lead, sending the New York Knicks to an NBA postseason-record 13th straight loss, 87-70 on Thursday night.
- CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May...
Latest DFW News
- Fort Worth Police Officer Hurt In Crash
- Video Of Man’s Home Torn Apart By Tornado Goes Viral
- CBS 11 I-Team Puts Mosquito Repelling Products To The Test
- School Supplies and Toys Donated To Tornado Victims
- One Man Dead After Shooting At Southlake Town Square
- ATF Accused Of Blocking Investigation Of West Explosion
- Scout Leaders Expected To Vote On Openly Gay Scouts
- Affidavit: Mother Of Child Who Died in Hot Car ‘Certain’ She Dropped Daughter Off At Daycare