Helping a Hero
It was a tearful day for a wounded war veteran and his family in Celina. But the tears on Monday were from the joy of moving into a new home that they couldn’t have afforded without the help of others.
The town of Celina has come to the aid of a soldier who sustained horrifying burns but survived a suicide bombing in Afghanistan. The wounded veteran was even able to help break ground on the new home being built for him.
Retired Corporal Zach Briseno is looking forward to moving into his new home.
More and more wounded veterans are returning from Iraq and Afghanistan only to find they have no place to call their own. But, one Texas woman is marshaling the resources to help.
Latest DFW News
- Residents In Granbury Get Glimpse Of Their Homes
- Andrus Has 5 Hits In Texas’ 7-2 Win Over Detroit
- Powerball Ticket Sales Soar
- Tornado Sucks Survivor Into The Air
- Severe Threat Increases
- Bradley Keeps Lead After 3 Rounds At Nelson
- Notorious Texas Millionaire Laid To Rest
- Man Arrested In Connection To West Dallas Killing