It was a tearful day for a wounded war veteran and his family in Celina. But the tears on Monday were from the joy of moving into a new home that they couldn’t have afforded without the help of others.
The town of Celina has come to the aid of a soldier who sustained horrifying burns but survived a suicide bombing in Afghanistan. The wounded veteran was even able to help break ground on the new home being built for him.
Marine Corporal Zach Briseno can’t always wear his prosthetic legs, making it tough to maneuver his small Fort Worth apartment. A Houston nonprofit changed that, and now he’s landed in a new four-bedroom home.
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May...
- Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May... Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -...
Latest DFW News
- Criticized Curriculum System CSCOPE Will Scrap Lesson Plans
- Fort Worth City Council Briefed On Animal Shelter After CBS 11 I-Team Investigation
- Moore, Okla. Family Finds Grandfather Buried Alive In Rubble
- Texas Lawmakers Pushing For Review Of UIL
- Rangers Skip Tepesch, Call Up Cotts
- Severe Weather Moves Across North Texas
- Oklahoma Twister Leaves Stories Of Heartbreak & Hope
- Amber Alert Discontinued For 9-Month-Old Girl