high school basketball
Derrick Griffin had a dominating performance with 26 points and 14 rebounds, leading Rosenberg Terry over two-time defending champion Dallas Kimball 55-47 Saturday for the Class 4A state title.
Derrick Smith’s 27 points and 14 rebounds led Dallas Madison to a wild 85-72 win over Houston Yates to win the University Interscholastic League 3A boys’ basketball title Saturday.
Kris Anderson’s driving layup with 2 seconds left sent White Oak to the Class 2A state championship Saturday with a 56-54 win over Brock in the first title game rematch in 2A history.
Dallas Triple A Academy might be the most unpopular basketball team in Texas. After an 80-54 win against previously unbeaten Mumford in the Class 1A Division I boys’ basketball final Saturday, though, it’s officially the best in its classification.
Jeremiah Jefferson scored 37 points to lead Dallas Triple A Academy to a 90-50 victory over El Paso Harmony on Thursday in a Class A Division I semifinal matchup.
Admon Gilder scored 25 points and Dallas Madison built a 45-point lead in cruising to a 92-55 win over Abilene Wylie on Thursday in the Class 3A semifinals.
As LeBron James hovers on the precipice of perhaps his first NBA championship, author Tony Meale delves deep into the King’s past, back to the days when he was royalty of the Ohio high school circuit and never lost a game – except for one.
The boys basketball team from an Orthodox Jewish school in Texas has won the semifinal game that was rescheduled so it wouldn’t conflict with the Sabbath.
All-American Matt Jones, a junior who has committed to play college basketball at Duke University, scored 29 points Tuesday night to lead 8th-ranked DeSoto to a 64-55 regional quarterfinal win over 19th-ranked Richardson Berkner.
Texas high school basketball’s version of “March Madness” tips off in mid-February on Monday night as nearly 50 area girls teams begin playoff action.
On the boys’ team, shooting guard Marcus Smart of Flower Mound Marcus and Isaiah Austin of Arlington Grace Prep will play for the West squad on March 28.
Coach Amber Branson knows what it takes to play in the basketball-crazy City of Lipan, a small town of 435 people west of Weatherford. “Hard work and determination,” Branson said during a girls basketball practice in Lipan’s gymnasium.
- Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June... Most Romantic US Honeymoon...
- Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June... Indians vs Rangers - June 12,...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
Latest DFW News
- Hoops Controversy In University Park
- Miami Rallies To Win Game Six Against The Spurs
- A’s Solve Darvish, Top Rangers 6-2
- Aryan Brotherhood Founder Says Gang Never Targeted Law Enforcement
- Demystifyng Mavs’ Double-Pipe-Dream Pursuit Of Paul And Howard
- Police Bust North Dallas Prostitution Ring
- Kinsler Gets Stitches After Home Plate Collision
- Texas Senate Debating Abortion Restrictions Bill