High School Sports
One of the chief critics of the University Interscholastic League is pushing lawmakers to conduct a thorough review of the governing body for public Texas high school sports.
The Texas House has approved a public school pilot program allowing parents to purchase supplemental concussion insurance for boys who play football and girls who play soccer.
A coalition of more than 100 groups is recommending that student athletes have access to health care professionals, better-trained coaches and up-to-date equipment.
Peyton Little scored 33 points, including a 3-pointer with 3 seconds left at end of the third quarter, leading Abilene Wylie to a 59-45 win over Celina for the 3A state title.
The local high school baseball game ended either 53-0 or 57-0. Either way, it was the most lopsided game in state history.
Texas high school athletes will soon be required to sit out at least one day after sustaining a head injury.
- CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May...
Latest DFW News
- One Man Dead After Shooting At Southlake Town Square
- ATF Accused Of Blocking Investigation Of West Explosion
- Scout Leaders Expected To Vote On Openly Gay Scouts
- Affidavit: Mother Of Child Who Died in Hot Car ‘Certain’ She Dropped Daughter Off At Daycare
- CBS 11 Steals & Deals: May 22
- Fort Worth Residents Seek Answers For Public Shelter During Storms
- As Recovery Continues, Hopes Springs Eternal For Moore Tornado Victims
- Wild Bounce, 4th Line Grit Has Bruins One Win Away From Conference Finals