Some experts claim Texas is headed for a transportation crisis unless the state comes up with more money for highways. The current gasoline tax paid when you fill up at the pump doesn’t come close to keeping up with building and maintaining Texas highways.
In an area that gets a mere 3 inches of snow a year, Dallas snowplow drivers live in fear of major winter storms like the one that crippled their city almost two years ago, the week before it was to host the Super Bowl.
The oil, gas and wind industries have been huge for the Texas economy. One result of that boom has also meant that the oversized tractor-trailers and other heavy equipment used in energy production are taking a terrible toll on Texas roads.
The Texas Department of Transportation is hoping that a sobering new message on highway digital message boards will help save lives in the state. The advisory flashing on the boards lets drivers know that 1,785 people have died on Texas roads this year.
The Senate is poised Tuesday to pass an overhaul of highway and transit programs.
The expansion project for Interstate-35E in Denton has received another ‘green light’.
A North Texas congressman says the federal fund that pays for highway construction may be facing it’s own dead end.
Hundreds of millions of your tax dollars are headed back to North Texas in the form of state highway money to fund much-needed repairs and expansions.
A new study, by the Texas Transportation Institute at Texas A&M University, suggests there isn’t enough being done to ensure the nation’s transportation system will be able to keep up with job growth, when the economy gets better.
A possible change in the way Washington distributes highway money could work against North Texas and it’s all a result of dramatic population growth.
Texas drivers may soon be going faster. The state Senate has approved raising highway speed limits to 75 miles per hour in some areas.
There’s a reason you might have noticed more garbage along roadsides in southern Tarrant County. The company TxDOT paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to pickup debris has defaulted on the contract.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- Cleveland Cavaliers Claim Top Draft Pick
- One Win Away, Bruins Not Looking At Past
- Blackhawks Look To Break Howard In Game 4
- Pens Take 3-1 Series Lead With 7-3 Rout Of Sens In Game 4
- In 0-3 Hole, Rangers Focusing On First Step Against Bruins
- Kings In LA For Pivotal Game 5 Against Sharks
- GameStop’s Q1 Net Income Falls 25 Percent
- Canseco Avoids Assault Question, Challenges Shaq To Fight