A surge in home buying dropped available homes to their lowest level in over 20 years. Prices are now surging, as homes that couldn’t garner offers in the fall are now drawing several.
According to the Collin County Association of Realtors, Denton County home sales are up 35-percent compared to this time last year. Collin County is up an estimated 30-percent.
When Barbara Van Poole decided to put a South Dallas home up for rent last month, she didn’t have to wait long for interest. Ten applications came in almost instantly for the modest three-bedroom house.
Fewer people are in the market for new houses in the DFW area and buyers have fewer new homes from which to select.
National statistics show the number of first-time homebuyers decreased by 35 percent last month. But realtors in North Texas say it’s a different story here.
More homes are up for sale in Dallas-Fort Worth these days.
The latest report from the Texas A-and-M Real Estate Center shows that North Texas home sales fell nearly 30 percent in July
- Athletics vs Rangers – June... Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June...
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 12,... Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June...
Latest DFW News
- Suspect Fires At Irving Police, Officers Return Fire
- North Texas Man Getting Second Chance At Life
- The Adventures Of Nigel & Whippie: With Montez Bishara
- Will Animals Take Over?
- Idea For A New Rangers Movie
- Ben & Skin: Other Parts Of The Paper
- Killed Youth Pastor Remembered At Memorial
- Children Maced, Dog Killed At Fort Worth Apartment Complex