Investigators Blame Lightning For 2 Frisco House FiresFire investigators in the city of Frisco are blaming lightning for two overnight house fires. The blazes were sparked less than seven minutes apart and caused more than $1,000,000 in estimated damage.
Firefighters On Safety Mission After Elderly Woman Dies In BlazeDallas firefighters were on the streets of Oak Cliff today, working to save lives after an elderly woman was killed in a house fire. Firefighters fanned out from area fire stations to educate residents and answer safety questions and concerns.
Burglar Bars Trap Woman During Dallas House FireAn elderly woman is dead after a house fire in east Oak Cliff, and her neighbors could only watch in horror as the home burned and the woman died, caged in behind her locked burglary bars.
Lightning Strike Causes Fire At Saginaw HomeFirefighters had to break through wood and brick to get to the fire.
Woman Dies In West Dallas House FireA woman in west Dallas died early Tuesday morning during a fire at a home. Dallas Fire-Rescue responded to a 911 call about the blaze and arrived to find flames shooting from the roof and windows of the single-story house.
Child Rescued From Plano House FireThe fire captain says the fire appears to have started in the attic.
Dog Missing In Neighborhood After House Fire In HurstOne person went to the hospital with what firefighter describe as minor burns.
Blind 72-Year-Old Woman Escapes House Fire UnharmedCaroline Ware was napping on the sofa when she says she heard a “popping” noise from the rear of the house.
Are A House Fire & Disappearance Of Dallas Mom Linked?Investigators in Dallas want to know if a house fire is connected to the disappearance of a mother of three. Police are now taking a look at what happened to the home of Marisol Espinosa, weeks before she went missing.
Historic Garland Home Goes Up In FlamesFire crews spent part of the morning battling a blaze in Garland. The fire, at a historic house in the 800 block of West Avenue E began around 9 a.m.
More House Fires & CO Poisonings Occur During Winter MonthsMore house fires and carbon monoxide poisonings occur during the winter months than any other time of year. Experts say it's because winter storms, snow or ice knock out power and cause HVAC units to stop working.
Dallas FD: 1 Injured In House Fire Possibly Caused By Gas ExplosionThe department said one 911 caller said something "just blew up."