A few clicks, hit send and you wait for that refund check. It’s easy, but maybe too easy.
Toss out all your preconceived notions about identity theft impacting older people in big cities who mainly do business via “snail mail”–i.e. the mailbox. A new government report gives insight on where it’s happening and to whom…and it may not be who, where, or how you think!
‘Tis the season to file taxes and for criminals to come up with new ways to steal your hard-earned money.
One man’s trash could be an identity thief’s treasure. That’s why Kenneth Bledsoe of South Arlington says he was so upset when he found old party invitations and receipts all over his front yard Monday morning.
The IRS is tackling a rapidly growing problem — tax-related identity theft. Last year, there were more than 640,000 incidents of tax fraud; most involving the theft of social security numbers to file false tax returns claiming monies due.
A Texas man who has described himself as a spokesman for the hacker-activist group Anonymous faces new charges over data stolen from the private intelligence firm Stratfor last Christmas.
It’s a new scam that could affect you or someone you know. Identity thieves have found a way to steal recipients’ monthly social security checks — even before they arrive in their accounts.
Investigators in North Texas are looking for a couple they say are taking elderly people’s credit cards by luring them away from their homes.
Residents in west Fort Worth notified the United States Postal Service Thursday of what appeared to be a phishing scam set up at a neighborhood mailbox.
The executive director of the United Educators Association says he is seeing a growing trend of teachers being impersonated online and students hacking into the Facebook and Twitter accounts of instructors.
After failing to pay rent, tax preparer Mary Calhoun was evicted and abandoned thousands of papers with sensitive information such as birthdates, social security numbers and bank information.
Online retailers Zappos.com and parent company Amazon.com are being sued in Kentucky by a Texas woman alleging she was harmed by the release of personal account information.
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
- Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May... CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Show Rangers vs Athletics - May...
- Dallas Cowboys Rookie Camp -... Rangers vs Athletics – May... Flash Forward: Concept Cars... G-Bag Nation Live From...
Latest DFW News
- Spurs Rout Grizzlies 105-83 In West Finals Opener
- Wizards’ Bradley Beal On Derrick Rose: ‘I Think He’s Scared’
- Heat Prepare To Take On Pacers
- Pick-A-Side: Which Is Your Favorite Fun In The Sun Activity?
- Texas DPS Adds Memorial Day Patrols
- North Texas Fire Reveals Full-Scale Marijuana Operation
- Tech Alumni Candi Whitaker Named As New Lady Raiders Coach
- PGA Star Rickie Fowler With Elf & Slater