130 Lb. Tumor Removed From Man Who Was Told He Was Just FatDoctors removed a 130-pound tumor from a man who’d been told by other physicians he was just fat. They said the tumor probably started as an ingrown hair that became infected, swelled and developed its own blood supply.
SeaWorld's "Blackfish" Orca Has Potentially Fatal InfectionThe killer whale responsible for the death of a SeaWorld trainer and chronicled in the documentary "Blackfish" is very sick from a bacterial infection that may eventually kill him, SeaWorld officials said Tuesday.
Health Officials Confirm Measles At Collin County Elementary SchoolThe Chief Epidemiologist with Collin County Health Care Services has confirmed a case of measles at Schell Elementary.
Cat Plague Infecting Numerous North Texas FelinesThe Weatherford Parker County Animal Shelter has recently received an abnormally high number of cats with confirmed cases of Feline Panleukopenia.
Texas Teen Has Deadly Infection After Contact With AmoebaA 14-year-old boy is in critical condition in a hospital after coming into contact with a rare amoeba while swimming in a lake north of Houston.
Plano Reports 1st Human Chikungunya Case Of 2015Health officials in Plano have confirmed the city's first human case of the Chikungunya virus.
Tenants Possibly Got Rare Eye Infection From Community PoolFirst, two tenants at a Bedford apartment complex develop a rare eye infection. Now, doctors want others to be on the lookout for more people with the illness, because it likely came from a communal swimming pool.
Texans Urged To Wash Produce After Dozens Infected With CyclosporaCyclospora is making people sick across Texas. The parasite is causing intestinal illnesses in the Lone Star State for the third summer in a row.
Key Question: How Did Dallas Worker Contract Ebola?A health worker who wore protective gear while having extensive contact with Thomas Eric Duncan is the second confirmed case of Ebola in the U.S.
Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should KnowParents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.
Mesquite Public Pool Remains Open Despite Multiple Employee InfectionsA public pool in Mesquite remains open after employees come down with an infection.
FDA Warns Tattoo Ink Can Cause InfectionThinking about getting inked? Check the bottle first. The FDA is warning tattoo parlors, their customers and those buying at-home tattoo kits that not all tattoo ink is safe.