Two men accused of breaking out of an east Texas jail appeared before a judge today. Brian Allen Tucker and John Marlin King were arraigned on escape charges.
A capital murder suspect and a convicted drug offender who escaped from an East Texas jail were captured Thursday, two days after they slipped past a fence only to be found in a neighboring county to the north.
Just four states carried out more than three-fourths of the executions in the United States this year, while another 23 states have not put an inmate to death in 10 years, an anti-capital punishment group reports.
Texas officials are exploring the possibility of paroling the state’s most infirm inmates to secure nursing homes to save on the high cost of meeting their medical needs.
Two Texas prisons that have had serious problems with cellphones being smuggled inmates are getting a system to block phone calls coming from inside the lockups.
With four months still remaining, 2012 is already the deadliest year in more than a decade in Texas prisons. The Texas Department of Criminal Justice has reported 10 homicides this year, up from only three in 2011.
An accident along Interstate-30 in Arlington Tuesday morning involved a van loaded with inmates from the Tarrant County Jail. There were two inmate vans traveling on the highway during morning rush hour, and then traffic backed up near Fielder Road.
A guard at a southwest Mississippi prison died Sunday and several other employees were injured during what the facility’s private operator is calling “an inmate disturbance” that continued into the evening.
A former Texas inmate who cooked the final meals for hundreds of condemned prisoners is offering to start doing it again at no cost to the state now that officials have ended the practice of allowing the special last requests.
It was a scene that conjures up thoughts of the movie “The Fugitive”. Monday morning a van with a guard and seven inmates onboard crashed on Interstate 30 in far west Fort Worth.
Last year, Jesse Prindel was sitting in prison, serving a sentence for cocaine possession. Now, Prindel is working toward a better life.
Private companies are lining up to grab a piece of the action of the nearly $1 billion health care system for Texas prison inmates.
- CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May...
Latest DFW News
- Video Of Man’s Home Torn Apart By Tornado Goes Viral
- CBS 11 I-Team Puts Mosquito Repelling Products To The Test
- School Supplies and Toys Donated To Tornado Victims
- One Man Dead After Shooting At Southlake Town Square
- ATF Accused Of Blocking Investigation Of West Explosion
- Scout Leaders Expected To Vote On Openly Gay Scouts
- Affidavit: Mother Of Child Who Died in Hot Car ‘Certain’ She Dropped Daughter Off At Daycare
- CBS 11 Steals & Deals: May 22