Internal Revenue Service
If you wanted to be ‘ahead of the game’ and have already filed your tax return you may have to wait a week longer to get your refund.
The government’s Free File tax return program is now open. Free File allows people, within a certain tax bracket, to have their federal tax return prepared for free.
If you earn less than $200,000 a year, there’s a strong chance you don’t have to worry about an Internal Revenue Service audit. But if you make more than $1 million annually, the odds have been rising that you’ll be hearing from the tax man.
Two days after winning a hotly contested race to become Dallas mayor, Mike Rawlings’s campaign wrote large checks to two companies that are now under FBI and IRS scrutiny, CBS 11 News has learned.
The Internal Revenue Service is increasing the tax deduction motorists can take for using private vehicles for business, a rare midyear move sparked by high gas prices.
Some former inmates who were wrongly convicted say they feel twice cheated — first for being imprisoned and then again when the government that locked them up taxed them on the money they were paid to make amends.
- CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May...
Latest DFW News
- One Man Dead After Being Shot At Southlake Town Square
- ATF Accused Of Blocking Investigation Of West Explosion
- Scout Leaders Expected To Vote On Openly Gay Scouts
- Affidavit: Mother Of Child Who Died in Hot Car ‘Certain’ She Dropped Daughter Off At Daycare
- CBS 11 Steals & Deals: May 22
- Fort Worth Residents Seek Answers For Public Shelter During Storms
- As Recovery Continues, Hopes Springs Eternal For Moore Tornado Victims
- Wild Bounce, 4th Line Grit Has Bruins One Win Away From Conference Finals