President Obama is serving up an election-year reminder that he ended the Iraq war, visiting a Texas military base two years after he formally declared the end of the U.S. combat mission.
It takes about 393 days for a veteran in Central Texas to process a disability claim, an average of five months longer than those who live elsewhere.
Leaders of the Texas Veterans Commission say pending claims have almost doubled in two years and more employees are needed.
When homeowners in a patriotic Richardson neighborhood woke up on July 5, they found what many described as America at its worst. Days later, an Army Sergeant helped them see it at its best.
The last military vehicle that crossed the border when troops withdrew from Iraq last year has gone on display at Fort Hood. The vehicle will be unveiled at a ceremony on Tuesday.
This Memorial Day at DFW National Cemetery, members of the military and their loved ones want everyone to remember that freedom isn’t free.
The memories of the battles he fought in Iraq came home, to Fairview, with Corporal Gregory Schneider. It was the long, confidential conversations he had with his father that helped Schneider rise above the darkness that overwhelmed him after his return.
For the families of fallen servicemen, the pain of sacrifice they made never gets easier. But memorials like the Walk of Honor at the Spc. Ernest W. Dallas Jr. Veterans Memorial Park in Denton, is making coping a bit easier.
Former President George W. Bush is hosting a mountain bike ride in the Panhandle for military members wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Nearly half a million troops have passed through DFW on the R&R flights. The military scaling down overseas mean this is the last flight.
At first glance, the golden stone wall that sits between a trio of flag poles in front of Life School Red Oak Secondary Campus offers little to garner attention. But with a closer view, an observer would find the name of Joel Ramirez, his date of birth and date of death, attached to the wall.
The St. Mary’s Catholic School’s kindergarten class in Gainesville was performing a presentation about American symbols Friday morning. Lined up in a semi-circle on a small stage in the gym, each student held a bit of poster board with a picture on it.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- Jose Canseco Denies Sexual Assault Allegation
- FBI Seeks Sealed Court Documents In Investigation Into Dallas County DA
- DISD School Board To Vote On Superintendent’s Principal Plan
- Prosecutors Want Bond Revoked For Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent
- Texas’ Cities Among Fastest-Growing In US
- Forest Park Pool Needs Public’s Help
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay Members
- Storm Chances Return for North Texas