Plano-based J.C. Penney is sorry, and it wants your business back. That’s the gist of its latest ad that the mid-priced department-store put on its YouTube and Facebook pages.
Plano-based J.C. Penney is confirming that Goldman Sachs will provide it with $1.75 billion in financing, sending shares up 3 percent in trading.
A judge ruled Friday that J.C. Penney can sell some goods designed by Martha Stewart that were destined for shelves this spring —for now.
Attorneys for Plano-based J.C Penney and Macy were back in court Monday to fight over the Martha Stewart brand after a month-long mediation period went nowhere. The court-ordered mediation followed nearly three weeks of testimony.
Home diva Martha Stewart testified in court on Tuesday that she did nothing wrong when she signed an agreement to open up shops within most of JCPenney’s stores across the country.
Eight years after Martha Stewart was released from prison for lying about a stock trade, the 71-year-old home diva is on the witness stand, in the middle of a bitter legal battle between Plano-based J.C. Penney Co. and Macy’s Inc.
J.C. Penney, which is struggling with big losses and steep sales declines, could face another challenge: empty shelves.
Macy’s CEO Terry Lundgren testified on Monday that he hung up on home diva Martha Stewart after she called to inform him back in December 2011 that her company had signed a deal with J.C. Penney to open shops at most of the chain’s stores.
Let the pots and pans fly. Two of the nation’s biggest department stores — J.C. Penney Co. and Macy’s Inc. — are expected to duke it out in court over the right to sell Martha Stewart merchandise.
Bad weather nationally is one of the reasons given for a kind of lackluster Christmas shopping season, and now retailers hope for a last-minute holiday spending spree to meet sales expectations.
J.C. Penney Co. executives may be confident in the department-store chain’s everyday pricing strategy, but investors are panicking. The Plano-based company’s stock fell nearly 11 percent on Monday.
J.C. Penney Co. reported a bigger-than-expected loss in the third quarter on plummeting sales as customers continue to reject its move get rid of blockbuster sales in favor of everyday low pricing.
- Big Balls At Bombshells... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,...
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
Latest DFW News
- Overton DQ’d At Colonial For Using Putting Aid
- San Antonio Flooding Kills 1; Dozens Rescued
- Escaped Prisoner On The Lam
- Friends Say Goodbye To Fallen Firefighter
- Texas Tech 8, Baylor 2
- Protesters March Against Monsanto In North Texas
- Huey Lewis Sports Fan Ticket Contest
- Lake Levels for the Memorial Day Weekend in North Texas