That vote is on track for Friday afternoon, but a stopgap bill could be needed to fund the government into next week.
C onservative North Texas republican congressman Jeb Hensarling has been chosen to co-chair a new committee tasked to find a bipartisan plan to slash the federal budget deficit.
While the U.S. Congress struggles over what to do with the pending debt ceiling deadline, local congressional representatives are getting an earful from constituents. A common theme they are hearing is “do something.”
Latest DFW News
- Cabrera Double Lifts Tigers Over Rangers 2-1
- Tornado Victims To Return Home In Grandbury
- Mother Prepares To Bury 10-Year-Old Son Hit By School Bus
- PD: Fairview Man Murdered Son & Grandson
- Suspect Sought In Fatal West Dallas Shooting
- Why Wear Costumes To Comic Conventions?
- Agency Studying West Fertilizer Plant Fire & Explosions To Prevent Similar Occurance
- Cleanup Continues In Cleburne From Mile Wide Tornado