You wouldn’t call it your typical job fair.
Texas Veterans will be out in numbers at the Ballpark in Arlington on Thursday to participate in the “Hiring Red, White & You” statewide job fair.
Texas is fairing better than the nation’s jobless average of 8.3%. And economists say there are several signs that the job market is improving in North Texas and job seekers say they are noticing.
Returning to civilian life is tough enough for veterans. Finding a job can be even a bigger challenge.
New U.S. Department of Labor statistics show the unemployment rate for people ages 16-19 is rising for the first month of the summer. That’s why hundreds of high school students and recent graduates lined up at the Will Rogers Center in the early afternoon heat. They’ve learned jobs are hard to come by.
- Athletics vs Rangers – June... Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June...
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 12,... Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June...
Latest DFW News
- Suspect Fires At Irving Police, Officers Return Fire
- North Texas Man Getting Second Chance At Life
- The Adventures Of Nigel & Whippie: With Montez Bishara
- Will Animals Take Over?
- Idea For A New Rangers Movie
- Ben & Skin: Other Parts Of The Paper
- Killed Youth Pastor Remembered At Memorial
- Children Maced, Dog Killed At Fort Worth Apartment Complex