A new State Department report is the latest evidence that the long-delayed Keystone XL oil pipeline from Canada should be approved, supporters say.
Racing the clock, the White House reached a New Year’s Eve accord with Senate Republicans late Monday to block across-the-board tax increases and spending cuts in government programs due to take effect at midnight, according to administration and Senate Democratic officials.
Working against a midnight deadline, negotiators for the White House and congressional Republicans in Congress narrowed their differences Monday on legislation to avert across-the-board tax increases.
A Capitol Hill deal to avert the “fiscal cliff” was proving elusive Sunday as a deadline to avert tax hikes on virtually every American worker and block sweeping spending cuts set to strike the Pentagon and other federal agencies grew perilously near.
As the nation teeters on the edge of the so-called “fiscal cliff,” President Obama returns to Washington Thursday to resume negotiations with Congress over a deal to keep taxes from going up on Americans.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.
House Speaker John Boehner is proposing a ‘Plan B’ option to keep taxes from increasing on people making less than $1 million on Jan. 1.
In one of their final joint appearances, Texas Senators Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn said they hope to avoid going over the so-called “fiscal cliff”. The pair made their statements on Monday before 1,000 members of the Dallas Citizens Council.
Mitt Romney has been a virtual ghost since his Election Day defeat. Romney’s abrupt withdrawal from politics is creating a leadership vacuum within the GOP.
With one month to go before we reach the fiscal cliff, Republicans are going to have to figure out how to do something serious for a change instead of grandstanding and avoiding specifics.
Speaker John Boehner believes he holds a strong hand in fiscal cliff and debt limit talks. He is, once again, taking the global economy hostage and playing politics with the U.S. debt limit.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- Prosecutors Want Bond Revoked For Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent
- Texas’ Cities Among Fastest-Growing In US
- Forest Park Pool Needs Public’s Help
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay Members
- Storm Chances Return for North Texas
- Man Convicted Of Drowning Sons Sentenced To Death
- Man Shot Dead In Southlake Town Square Identified
- Nearly All States See Drop In Teen Births, But TX Still Leads Nation