A jury in Dallas on Wednesday sentenced Jose Arreola to 28 years in prison and a $5,000 fine for brutally attacking his girlfriend in March 2011.
Jurors found Jose Arreola guilty of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon, for the vicious beating of his then girlfriend Maria Escamilla. It took less than three hours for jurors to find the 34-year-old guilty.
The trial of a North Texas man accused of brutally beating his girlfriend is moving closer to going to the jury.
A domestic abuse case is winding down in Dallas. Both the victim and the defendant have already testified during the trial, and the defendant is expected to be back on the stand again.
The Lancaster woman that prosecutors say was beaten, stabbed, sexually assaulted and mutilated by her boyfriend, told jurors today that the accused, Jose Arreola, was a “good friend” when they first met in 2008.
- Athletics vs Rangers – June... Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June...
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 12,... Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June...
Latest DFW News
- Frisco Women’s League Throws Signature Fundraiser
- Cancer Survivors Rally At Pajama Ice Cream Party
- Gun Safety: Tips For Safely Keeping A Gun In Your Home
- Police Need Help Identifying Aggravated Robbery Suspects
- Darvish, Washington Credit Talented A’s Lineup
- Cowboys Sign 3rd Round Pick Terrance Williams
- Outlaw Items Up For Auction By Dallas Company
- 11 North Texans Indicted In Prostitution Case