1.6 million people will have to brace themselves for June 1st when cities from McKinney to Mesquite to Royce City will go to Stage-3 water restrictions which means just once a week for sprinkler’ed lawns.
This last rain helped our low water supplies, but it left many wanting more.
There’s a chance your water bill may be going up and you can blame it, in part, on Zebra Mussels. Zebra Mussels are tiny aquatic life forms that stick to smooth surfaces, and can gum up boat engines and motors at municipal water pumping stations.
The threat of zebra mussels is so serious that the state has re-launched a campaign to get boaters to take extra steps to prevent the spread of the invasive water species.
There is no sign of the Texas drought ending. And North Texas water officials plan to consider tightening local water restrictions even further.
Hot weather means extra water conservation restrictions are kicking in across much of North Texas. The area served by the North Texas Municipal Water District has been in stage 1 restrictions since April.
They’re tiny aquatic life forms that stick to any smooth surface, and they can gum up boat engines or even huge motors at municipal water pumping stations. They’re Zebra Mussels, and while state officials originally worried they’d jump to Lake Lavon, Dallas city officials confirm at least one has found its way to Lake Ray Hubbard.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- DISD Board Supports Plan To Replace Principals, Teachers
- Jose Canseco Denies Sexual Assault Allegation
- FBI Seeks Sealed Court Documents In Investigation Into Dallas County DA
- DISD School Board To Vote On Superintendent’s Principal Plan
- Prosecutors Want Bond Revoked For Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent
- Texas’ Cities Among Fastest-Growing In US
- Forest Park Pool Needs Public’s Help
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay Members