1.6 million people will have to brace themselves for June 1st when cities from McKinney to Mesquite to Royce City will go to Stage-3 water restrictions which means just once a week for sprinkler’ed lawns.
Despite the “Fiscal Cliff” impasse in Washington, Congress did get one item through in time to help more than a million-and-a-half North Texans.
Water rates could be going up for residents in many North Texas cities and the hike is the result of Zebra Mussels.
There’s a chance your water bill may be going up and you can blame it, in part, on Zebra Mussels. Zebra Mussels are tiny aquatic life forms that stick to smooth surfaces, and can gum up boat engines and motors at municipal water pumping stations.
With the threat of a growing zebra mussel infestation in North Texas, local researchers are working overtime to find ways to combat the invasive species.
Police are trying to find a brother and sister missing from their Collin County foster home. Police say 14-year-old Brittnae Hutchisson and her brother, Brandon Hutchisson, were reported missing when they could not be located buy their foster parents.
The threat of zebra mussels is so serious that the state has re-launched a campaign to get boaters to take extra steps to prevent the spread of the invasive water species.
Now that some areas in the region saw more than four inches of rain during Monday’s storms, will the North Texas Municipal Water District lift its water restrictions?
Deer hunting in Dallas County could soon become a reality. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department is taking comments on that proposal online and in meetings across the state.
Recent test on 14 North Texas reservoirs shows Zebra Mussels appear to be contained to one lake, but state authorities still want boaters to take precautions to prevent their spread.
Thanks to the recent rain cities across Collin and Dallas counties have been saved from Stage 4 watering restrictions.
Johnny C. Parks died two days before his first birthday more than a century ago. His grave slipped from sight along with the rest of the tiny town of Bluffton when Lake Buchanan was filled 55 years later.
- Big Balls At Bombshells... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,...
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
Latest DFW News
- DISD School Board Appoves Plan To Dismiss Principals, Teachers
- TXDOT To Overhaul Central Expressway
- Montague Deputy Shot In Line Of Duty Returns To Work
- Brandon Carr Celebrity Softball Game
- Man Sentenced To 50 Years For Collin County Cold Case Murder
- Cowboys CB Brandon Carr Joins Ben & Skin
- Despite Tornado Damage Nat’l Polka Fest Kicks Off In Ennis
- North Texas Storm & Tornado Damage Could Reach $250 Million