Tony Mitchell had 18 points and 10 rebounds, and North Texas used a big second-half run to beat Lamar 74-59 on Tuesday night in a consolation game in the NIT Season Tip-Off.
Lamar now it finds itself in the NCAA’s First Four, taking on Vermont (23-11) in a battle of No. 16 seeds at the University of Dayton on Wednesday night.
Pat Knight has led the Lamar University Cardinals to their first 20-win season since 1988 and the Southland Conference East title – and now on to the NCAA Tournament.
Latest DFW News
- New Lunch Options For Lemurs At Dallas Zoo
- Cuban Hobnobs With Chris Paul (And Tiger Woods) In Vegas
- Mother And Daughter Dead; Double Homicide
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Rangers Place Ian Kinsler On 15-Day Disabled List
- Body Recovered At Lake Arlington
- Residents In Granbury Get Glimpse Of Their Homes
- Andrus Has 5 Hits In Texas’ 7-2 Win Over Detroit