League of United Latin American Citizens
Canvassers in several predominantly Hispanic neighborhoods in North Dallas are getting the word out to vote in advance of Tuesday’s elections. Several polling groups are expecting more than 12 million Hispanics to vote across the country this year.
A congressman’s lawyer says the Texas attorney general has agreed to a temporary voting map that could keep the April 3 date for primary elections in Texas.
The U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments Monday in a dispute over Texas redistricting.
Protesters will gather at Dallas City Hall Wednesday morning to call for changes to the new map for Dallas City Council districts. They’re calling it “Occupy City Hall”, although they have no official ties to the “Occupy Dallas” protest.
A 17-year-old was expelled from Kaufman High School after administrators said he attacked other students with a steel pipe. He maintains, though, that it was a desperate act of self defense and LULAC has joined in the fight to clear his name.
There is controversy in the Carrollton-Farmers Branch School District over a mentoring program that involves volunteers from the Latino rights group LULAC.
- CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May...
Latest DFW News
- ATF Accused Of Blocking Investigation Of West Explosion
- Scout Leaders Expected To Vote On Openly Gay Scouts
- Affidavit: Mother Of Child Who Died in Hot Car ‘Certain’ She Dropped Daughter Off At Daycare
- CBS 11 Steals & Deals: May 22
- Fort Worth Residents Seek Answers For Public Shelter During Storms
- As Recovery Continues, Hopes Springs Eternal For Moore Tornado Victims
- Wild Bounce, 4th Line Grit Has Bruins One Win Away From Conference Finals
- Rangers Win Behind Recent Call-Up Wolf