As the Dallas Mavericks work to fend off the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals, a former Mavs player continues to fight a different kind of enemy – cancer. And, he’s done it all supported by his Mavericks teammates.
In the fall of 2009, residents asked the state to investigate whether there was a cancer cluster in Flower Mound. The final report has been released.
It was an unlikely place to find grace. In the parking lot of an Oak Cliff Sonic restaurant Sunday afternoon, there were tricked out low-rider cars, rappers and tattoo artists.
Mary Lewis has refused to leave Children’s Medical Center of Dallas since New Year’s Day. She’s there all day every day by her daughter Brianna’s bedside. “I haven’t stepped foot outside. It’s been 22 days and I haven’t left and I’m not going to.”
Avarie Giles, 6, carries a little stuffed duck with her everywhere. His name is Donor Duck, and he’s a reminder of the gift that saved her life.
Latest DFW News
- Residents In Granbury Get Glimpse Of Their Homes
- Andrus Has 5 Hits In Texas’ 7-2 Win Over Detroit
- Powerball Ticket Sales Soar
- Tornado Sucks Survivor Into The Air
- Severe Threat Increases
- Bradley Keeps Lead After 3 Rounds At Nelson
- Notorious Texas Millionaire Laid To Rest
- Man Arrested In Connection To West Dallas Killing