Lon Morris College
An East Texas school district has agreed to pay $1.53 million for the gymnasium, administration building and other assets of bankrupt Lon Morris College.
The oldest junior college in Texas has been sold at auction with much of the property going to the local school district and an office supply company.
The campus of Lon Morris College, including most of its buildings, is set to be auctioned off Monday after the state’s oldest junior college filed for bankruptcy last year.
The financially strapped oldest junior college in Texas – Lon Morris College – has received permission to hire an auctioneer and sell some buildings.
Just weeks after the semester wrapped for an East Texas junior college, faculty and staff learned via email they had been laid off.
Latest DFW News
- DPD Patrol Car Hit; Officer Hurt
- Families Picked Up By EF-4, Now Picking Up The Pieces
- Bae Wins Byron Nelson For First PGA Tour Title
- New Lunch Options For Lemurs At Dallas Zoo
- Cuban Hobnobs With Chris Paul (And Tiger Woods) In Vegas
- Police: Family Violence Claims Two More Victims
- Cousins Beef Over Gas Money; One Dead
- Rangers Place Ian Kinsler On 15-Day Disabled List