North Texans are coming down with a double dose of lottery fever this week.
The record Powerball jackpot keeps rising. It now stands at $550 million after officials say brisk sales keep driving up the payout amount. In Texas alone early $7 million worth of Powerball tickets were sold before 1 p.m. on Wednesday.
The historic Powerball jackpot boosted to $500 million on Tuesday was all part of a plan lottery officials put in place early this year to build jackpots faster, drive sales and generate more money for states that run the game.
Someone in North Texas is believed to be holding a lottery ticket worth $28 million. Saturday’s Lotto Texas winning ticket was sold at a Shell gas station in north Fort Worth.
Lottery officials say they are increasing the Mega Millions lottery jackpot to $640 million, raising what was already a world-record prize.
Plan on digging deeper in your wallet to play the multi-state lottery game Powerball. Beginning yesterday, the price of a Powerball ticket doubled from $1 to $2.
The struggling economy is blamed for a slide in the percentage of people playing Texas Lottery games.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- DISD Board Supports Plan To Replace Principals, Teachers
- Jose Canseco Denies Sexual Assault Allegation
- FBI Seeks Sealed Court Documents In Investigation Into Dallas County DA
- DISD School Board To Vote On Superintendent’s Principal Plan
- Prosecutors Want Bond Revoked For Dallas Cowboy Josh Brent
- Texas’ Cities Among Fastest-Growing In US
- Forest Park Pool Needs Public’s Help
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay Members