Days after Isaac hammered Louisiana and Mississippi with winds and rain, much of a parish southeast of New Orleans was still flooded and thousand were without power.
Already swollen and powerful, the Tangipahoa River threatened to flood anyone living within a half mile of its banks on Thursday.
Isaac, which was a hurricane for part of Wednesday before being downgraded to a tropical storm, caused widespread tree and power line damage around the state capital.
Tropical Storm Isaac staggered toward central Louisiana early Thursday, its weakening winds still potent enough to drive storm surge into portions between New Orleans and Baton Rouge.
Louisiana officials said Wednesday they may have to intentionally breach a levee in a flooded area as Hurricane Isaac made a slow, drenching slog inland before weakening to a tropical storm and a dusk-to-dawn curfew was declared in New Orleans.
Hurricane Isaac pushed water over a rural levee, knocked out power and flooded beach-front roads before dawn in Louisiana and Mississippi as it began a slow, drenching slog inland.
Although the damage from Hurricane Isaac does not look too bad as of Wednesday morning, relief groups across North Texas are still prepared to help those hit by the storm.
Hurricane Isaac struck the Gulf Coast on Tuesday, and has brought severe flooding to parts of Louisiana and Mississippi. But folks in North Texas won’t see much from the storm.
Isaac became a hurricane Tuesday that could flood the coasts of four states with storm surge and heavy rains on its way to New Orleans, where residents hunkered down behind fortified levees.
Gas stations are empty, and roads out of New Orleans are filling up, but not everyone was leaving as Tropical Storm Isaac approached land Monday night.
New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu says the city is ready to face Tropical Storm Isaac. Noting that Isaac should arrive at the seventh anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, Landrieu said Monday that officials feel very good about the ability to cope with Isaac
A Southwest Airlines flight made an unscheduled stop at New Orleans’ international airport after an unruly passenger got in a fight with another passenger.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- Despite Tornado Damage Nat’l Polka Fest Kicks Off In Ennis
- North Texas Storm & Tornado Damage Could Reach $250 Million
- KT And Baldwin Ride The Texas SkyScreamer
- Bush Hosts 2nd Day Of Bike Ride For Veterans
- Comedian Bobby Lee Joins New School
- Birdman Flying High For The Heat
- Judge Denies Motion To Revoke Brent’s Bail
- Game 5: Quick Makes 24 Saves To Help Kings Top Sharks 3-0, Up 3-2 In Series