A judge ruled Friday that J.C. Penney can sell some goods designed by Martha Stewart that were destined for shelves this spring —for now.
A New York State Supreme Court judge has rejected a motion by Martha Stewart Living lawyers to dismiss Macy’s claim that Martha Stewart breached its contract when it signed a merchandising deal with J.C Penney.
Attorneys for Plano-based J.C Penney and Macy were back in court Monday to fight over the Martha Stewart brand after a month-long mediation period went nowhere. The court-ordered mediation followed nearly three weeks of testimony.
A New York State Supreme Court Judge has ordered Macy’s, J.C. Penney and Martha Stewart Living into mediation in a bid to resolve a dispute over a partnership with the Martha Stewart brand.
Home diva Martha Stewart testified in court on Tuesday that she did nothing wrong when she signed an agreement to open up shops within most of JCPenney’s stores across the country.
Eight years after Martha Stewart was released from prison for lying about a stock trade, the 71-year-old home diva is on the witness stand, in the middle of a bitter legal battle between Plano-based J.C. Penney Co. and Macy’s Inc.
Eight years after Martha Stewart was released from prison for lying about a stock trade, the home diva is now facing another legal mess that may not be easy to clean up.
J.C. Penney, which is struggling with big losses and steep sales declines, could face another challenge: empty shelves.
J.C. Penney, which also is struggling with big losses and steep sales declines, could face another challenge: empty shelves. A judge told Penney’s attorneys that the chain took a risk by ordering mercandise from the company Martha Stewart founded.
It’s been a tough week to be Ron Johnson. After facing down investors this week over a dismal quarterly performance, the JCPenney CEO will be in the spotlight again — in court.
Macy’s CEO Terry Lundgren testified on Monday that he hung up on home diva Martha Stewart after she called to inform him back in December 2011 that her company had signed a deal with J.C. Penney to open shops at most of the chain’s stores.
Let the pots and pans fly. Two of the nation’s biggest department stores — J.C. Penney Co. and Macy’s Inc. — are expected to duke it out in court over the right to sell Martha Stewart merchandise.
- CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May...
Latest DFW News
- Fort Worth Police Officer Hurt In Crash
- Video Of Man’s Home Torn Apart By Tornado Goes Viral
- CBS 11 I-Team Puts Mosquito Repelling Products To The Test
- School Supplies and Toys Donated To Tornado Victims
- One Man Dead After Shooting At Southlake Town Square
- ATF Accused Of Blocking Investigation Of West Explosion
- Scout Leaders Expected To Vote On Openly Gay Scouts
- Affidavit: Mother Of Child Who Died in Hot Car ‘Certain’ She Dropped Daughter Off At Daycare