A jury in Dallas on Wednesday sentenced Jose Arreola to 28 years in prison and a $5,000 fine for brutally attacking his girlfriend in March 2011.
Jurors found Jose Arreola guilty of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon, for the vicious beating of his then girlfriend Maria Escamilla. It took less than three hours for jurors to find the 34-year-old guilty.
The trial of a North Texas man accused of brutally beating his girlfriend is moving closer to going to the jury.
A domestic abuse case is winding down in Dallas. Both the victim and the defendant have already testified during the trial, and the defendant is expected to be back on the stand again.
It was a difficult day on the witness stand for a Lancaster woman who survived a brutal attack in March 2011. Her boyfriend at the time, 34-year-old Jose Areolla, is now on trial for the assault.
The Lancaster woman that prosecutors say was beaten, stabbed, sexually assaulted and mutilated by her boyfriend, told jurors today that the accused, Jose Arreola, was a “good friend” when they first met in 2008.
- Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June... Most Romantic US Honeymoon...
- Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June... Indians vs Rangers - June 12,...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
Latest DFW News
- Backlash Against HiV/AIDS Billboard In Dallas
- Texas Man Pleads Guilty To Smuggling Snakes On Planes
- Killed Pastor’s Son Says His Dad Taught Forgiveness
- Military Changes Policy On Women In Combat, Special-Ops
- Groundbreaking For New Pedestrian Bridge At Mockingbird Lane
- 5 Things to Watch For In Game 6 of NBA Finals
- Spurs A Model Of Patience & Success
- Rangers Put Baker On DL With Sprain