Mayor Mike Rawlings
Tournament officials and the PGA Tour have signed a 10-year contract with developers of the Trinity Forest golf course with plans to move there in 2019.
A Dallas County grand jury indicted the manager of a City of Dallas program Thursday morning for allegedly misusing between $1,500 and $20,000 in public funds.
Professional athletes joined Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings and other city leaders at a rally that waged a public campaign against domestic violence.
The North Texas weather is cool and rainy, but organizers are hoping the conditions will do little to stop thousands from gathering at Dallas City Hall. NFL Hall of Famers Emmitt Smith and Roger Staubach are among those expected to attend a rally imploring men to stop domestic violence.
Administrators with the Dallas Independent School District (DISD) say it won’t just be “men” standing up against domestic violence at the Dallas Men Against Abuse rally happening this weekend.
Dallas City Manager Mary Suhm answered direct questions—and criticisms—-before the city council Wednesday over the issue of natural gas drilling in parks and on city-owned land.
Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings is hoping a rally against domestic violence next month will draw at least 10,000 men to the downtown area. The mayor is stepping up his campaign to cut down on the 13,000 domestic violence cases that happen in the city every year.
Members of the Dallas Plan Commission boarded a convoy of tour vans, and headed to the L.B. Houston Golf and Sports Complex, to see for themselves proposed sites for natural gas drilling on city-owned land.
Recent school shootings across the country and deadly domestic violence cases locally has prompted leaders in one North Texas city to call for change.
The Dallas City Council has authorized the purchase and installation of an automated license plate recognition system. Dallas police will use the devices to read the license plates.
They rode into the front entrance of the Dallas Omni Hotel in luxury coach buses and when they got out, hundreds of volunteers and a red carpeted awaited them.
The city of Dallas took a concrete step toward what it hopes will be a safer city. The council okayed more than 6-million dollars for security camera upgrades.
- CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May...
Latest DFW News
- CBS 11 I-Team Puts Mosquito Repelling Products To The Test
- School Supplies and Toys Donated To Tornado Victims
- One Man Dead After Shooting At Southlake Town Square
- ATF Accused Of Blocking Investigation Of West Explosion
- Scout Leaders Expected To Vote On Openly Gay Scouts
- Affidavit: Mother Of Child Who Died in Hot Car ‘Certain’ She Dropped Daughter Off At Daycare
- CBS 11 Steals & Deals: May 22
- Fort Worth Residents Seek Answers For Public Shelter During Storms