Criminal suspects suffering from mental illness could stay in jail until they are competent to stand trial under a proposal in the Texas Legislature.
A Texas newspaper’s review of more than three dozen deaths at state-run mental health hospitals between 2005 and 2012 shows the need for more oversight.
Prompted by the attacks of deranged gunmen on a schoolhouse in Connecticut and a movie theater in Colorado, state lawmakers are rushing to plug holes in the system.
A criminal justice expert has told lawmakers that rates of mental illness exceed gang affiliation among juveniles in Texas jails.
Recent school shootings across the country and deadly domestic violence cases locally has prompted leaders in one North Texas city to call for change.
Friends of Adam Lanza’s mother say she was frustrated by a lack of support for families dealing with mental illn
I understand the devastating affects of mental illness. I would later myself be diagnosed with depression. I educated myself on the disease. I have a deeper understanding of death and how it can rip apart all that is good.
A federal judge in Texas was expected to decide whether a JetBlue Airways pilot who disrupted a flight by running through the plane and yelling about terrorists can go free.
The chief of the state’s juvenile justice system says early rehabilitation programs are especially important for kids with mental health issues.
- Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June... Most Romantic US Honeymoon...
- Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June... Indians vs Rangers - June 12,...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June... Unique Sunglasses For Summer
Latest DFW News
- Miami Rallies To Win Game Six Against The Spurs
- A’s Solve Darvish, Top Rangers 6-2
- Aryan Brotherhood Founder Says Gang Never Targeted Law Enforcement
- Demystifyng Mavs’ Double-Pipe-Dream Pursuit Of Paul And Howard
- Police Bust North Dallas Prostitution Ring
- Kinsler Gets Stitches After Home Plate Collision
- Texas Senate Debating Abortion Restrictions Bill
- What’s More Likely?