Buyout specialist Blackstone Group has abruptly ended its courtship of Dell Inc. less than a month after saying it intended to trump a deal with the slumping computer maker’s CEO, according to a report published late Thursday.
Dell plans to negotiate with Blackstone Group and Carl Icahn over acquisition bids for the computer maker that rival a bid of over $24 billion from investors led by Michael Dell.
Is Michael Dell’s attempt to gain more control over his company about to turn into a financial tug-of-war? The answer could come Friday, as other offers may top his $24.4 billion deal.
Dell’s largest independent shareholder is turning up the pressure against the proposed $24.4 billion sale of the struggling personal computer maker to a group of investors that includes its CEO.
A shareholder rebellion against Dell’s proposed sale is gaining support, fueling a belief that the personal computer maker will have to wrangle a higher price to get the deal done.
Dell is trying to reassure shareholders about its proposed acquisition by a group led by its founder, saying it considered a number of strategic options before agreeing to the deal.
Slumping personal computer maker Dell announced Tuesday that it is selling itself for $24.4 billion to its founder and a group of investors that includes Microsoft.
The University of Texas’ new medical school will be named after computer magnate Michael Dell and his wife thanks to a $50 million pledge.
- Big Balls At Bombshells... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,...
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
Latest DFW News
- DISD School Board Appoves Plan To Dismiss Principals, Teachers
- TXDOT To Overhaul Central Expressway
- Montague Deputy Shot In Line Of Duty Returns To Work
- Brandon Carr Celebrity Softball Game
- Man Sentenced To 50 Years For Collin County Cold Case Murder
- Cowboys CB Brandon Carr Joins Ben & Skin
- Despite Tornado Damage Nat’l Polka Fest Kicks Off In Ennis
- North Texas Storm & Tornado Damage Could Reach $250 Million