National Collegiate Athletic Association
Penn State’s punishment from the NCAA did not include the “Death Penalty” of losing any seasons of football. To date, Southern Methodist University remains the only school in history to be hit with the ultimate punishment.
Brittney Griner has a broken right wrist sustained in a longboard accident.
Brittney Griner came up big for Baylor, scoring 26 points and grabbing 13 rebounds to help the Lady Bears finish off an undefeated season with an 80-61 win over Notre Dame in the national championship game Tuesday night.
Brittney Griner had 13 points to lead unbeaten Baylor to a 59-47 win over Stanford on Sunday night, and into the women’s NCAA championship game.
Brittney Griner had 23 points, 15 rebounds and nine blocks before being ejected with less than a minute left and top-seeded Baylor rolled over Tennessee 77-58 Monday night to advance to the Final Four.
Coach Rick Barnes and the Texas Longhorns are going to their 14th consecutive NCAA tournament.
Baylor is going to the NCAA tournament as a No. 3 seed in the South Region.
J.J. McDermott threw a 19-yard touchdown pass to Jeremy Johnson in overtime and SMU recovered from a fourth-quarter comeback for a 40-33 upset of No. 20 TCU on Saturday.
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban says he has received “great feedback” from conference commissioners and athletic directors about his plan for a college football playoff system that the NCAA will vote on in January.
The Oregon Ducks will start the season ranked third in the Associated Press poll, but won’t have the services of redshirt freshman and former Temple High School star running back Lache Seastrunk.
Devon Rodriguez finished off arguably the biggest comeback of first round of the 2011 NCAA baseball tournament. Down to his last strike, one that would have ended his team’s season, Rodriguez singled in two runs with two outs to cap a four-run rally in the bottom of the ninth inning and give California a 9-8 victory against Baylor at the Houston Regional.
The Butler Bulldogs had the experience, but more importantly the size, to overcome the pesky VCU Rams in the Final Four, 70-62, behind Shelvin Mack’s 24 points and a dominant showing down low.
- CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May...
- Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes Severe Weather Aftermath: May... Severe Weather Pictures: May...
Latest DFW News
- ATF Accused Of Blocking Investigation Of West Explosion
- Scout Leaders Expected To Vote On Openly Gay Scouts
- Affidavit: Mother Of Child Who Died in Hot Car ‘Certain’ She Dropped Daughter Off At Daycare
- CBS 11 Steals & Deals: May 22
- Fort Worth Residents Seek Answers For Public Shelter During Storms
- As Recovery Continues, Hopes Springs Eternal For Moore Tornado Victims
- Wild Bounce, 4th Line Grit Has Bruins One Win Away From Conference Finals
- Rangers Win Behind Recent Call-Up Wolf