Federal regulators are weighing whether to make airlines reveal prices for baggage and other fees to online sellers like Orbitz and Expedia.
Some airlines are making travelers work a little bit harder to find a good deal. Carriers are offering more deals to passengers who book flights directly on their websites.
When Orbitz learned users of Apple products spend as much as 30-percent more than their Windows-using counterparts on hotels, the site began offering up pricier options first to those surfing from a Mac.
A court ordered American Airlines to post and sell flights on Orbitz again, more than five months after the airline pulled its listings from the website.
American Airlines says the government is investigating whether ticket-distribution systems are violating federal antitrust laws.
Orbitz said that it will vigorously defend itself against a lawsuit filed by American Airlines, a dispute over commissions.
American Airlines says it’s talking to Orbitz and Expedia about resuming the listing of American flights on the travel websites.
Expedia has stopped selling tickets on American Airlines flights, the latest twist in a simmering pricing dispute.
American Airlines pulled its flights from the Orbitz travel website on Tuesday in a dispute that could eventually affect the way travelers buy airplane tickets online.
American Airlines could pull its ticket listings from Orbitz on Dec. 1 in a dispute over how the online travel website gets information about flights and prices.
- Big Balls At Bombshells... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,...
- Dallas White Out Party - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore
- HP Byron Nelson Championship... NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,...
- Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,...
Latest DFW News
- Lake Levels for the Memorial Day Weekend in North Texas
- Woman Set On Fire Fights For Her Life
- Police Say Tips Coming In For Southlake Murder
- Special Prosecutor Files Notice of Contempt Against Dallas County DA Craig Watkins
- DISD School Board Appoves Plan To Dismiss Principals, Teachers
- TXDOT To Overhaul Central Expressway
- Montague Deputy Shot In Line Of Duty Returns To Work
- Brandon Carr Celebrity Softball Game