Starting today it could very well be easier for children in Tarrant County to get medical care. This morning Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth opened the doors today on a new urgent care center, meant to relieve pressure on hospital emergency room.
A new study appearing in the Journal Pediatrics suggests kids who watch too much TV can develop antisocial traits and become more aggressive.
A new study in the journal “Pediatrics” found more than 40 percent of middle and high school age boys exercised regularly to build muscle mass. Thirty four percent reported using protein powders or shakes. Ten percent used another muscle enhancing substance. Almost six percent admitted they had tried steroids.
Parents who want to reduce their kids’ exposure to pesticides may seek out organic fruits and vegetables, but they aren’t necessarily safer or more nutritious than conventional foods.
Should all U.S. children get tested for high cholesterol? Doctors are still debating that question months after a government-appointed panel recommended widespread screening that would lead to prescribing medicine for some kids.
New parents with dogs and cats sometimes consider giving pets away when a baby arrives, but a new study finds keeping the furry family members in tow may boost a child’s health benefits.
Autism is more likely to occur in children whose mothers were obese while pregnant, new research suggests.
In the first national estimate of its kind, a report from government researchers says more than 1 in 5 high school students and middle schoolers ride in cars while others are smoking.
A study published in the journal Pediatrics suggests the bad economy has ties to a rise in child abuse.
A new study suggests nearly one in five children with an autistic older sibling will develop the disorder too — a rate much higher than previously thought.
A study in South Korea suggests about 1 in 38 children have traits of autism, higher than a previous U.S. estimate of 1 in 100.
New guidelines for parents say children should ride in rear-facing car seats until they are 2 years old.
- Athletics vs Rangers – June... Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June...
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 12,... Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June...
Latest DFW News
- Man Allegedly Kicks Dog To Death Over Apartment Dispute
- Group Says Airline Merger Would Reduce Competition
- AMA Classifying Obesity As A Disease May Open Up Treatment Options
- CDC: HPV Vaccine Reduced Disease Rates in Teen Girls by 56 Percent
- CBS 11 Steals & Deals: June 19
- Dirk Nowitzki Dines With President Obama In Berlin
- Appeal Seeks To Halt Dallas County Woman’s Execution
- Four Keys For Bruins In Game 4 Of Stanley Cup Final